A few days, Apple announced its new mobile operating system, iOS 8 along with OS X Yosemite at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco. The iOS 8 brings more new features and some improvements as well such as smarter spotlight, interactive notifications, QuickType and more. The final release of iOS 8 is supposed to be happened late this year when Apple will be announcing its iPhone 6.
Anyhow, it is now available for download for the registered developers only. There’re some users who aren’t developers but want to download iOS 8 Beta. They can become the registered developers by paying $99 per year. If this sounds you expensive, then no need to get worried if you know a developer. A developers has the authority to register around 100 devices, so get your device registered if you have a good relation with any developer.
If you don’t have any developer in your circle, then there’s also a way to get your device registered. This is through the UDID number, an alphanumeric code consists of 40 letters and numbers. Every iDevice has this unique code. So, you can get your UDID registered from the services available on the web. They usually charge few bucks for it. Here’s one I’ve known about, iMZDL.
The iOS 8 Beta under the build number of 12A4265u is available for the following iDevices:
iPhone 5S – iPhone 5C – iPhone 5 – iPhone 4S
iPad Air – iPad mini – iPad 3 – iPad 4 – iPad 2 – Retina iPad mini
iPod Touch (5th generation)
Here’re the direct download links of iOS 8 Beta given below:
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4s
Here’s how you can install iOS 8 beta after getting your UDID registered:
- Connect your iOS device with iTunes through USB
- Restore your iDevice to iOS v7.1.1 through iTunes > Setup as the new iPhone
- Now download iOS 8 Beta 1 for your iOS device
- You need to hold SHIFT and then left click on the Check for Updates in iTunes > Choose iOS 8 Beta 1 that you just have downloaded in 3rd step > wait for some minutes and now you’ve iOS 8 on your iDevice.
The process is only valid when your UDID number is registered otherwise you can’t access iOS 8 beta before the public release.